I tried out the game, I really like what is out so far. I can't wait for more updates. <3
A downloadable game for Windows
A roguelike game where you wander around a procedurally generated world made up of hexes and fight monsters.
- Classic roguelike controls that are configurable.
- Bump into monsters to attack.
- Simple tactics-like combat.
- Rest to regain health.
- Start with random strengths and weaknesses.
- Randomly generated, infinite game world.
- Randomly generated, generative music soundtrack created by the game as you play.
- Custom character sprite creation.
- Quick, mindless, coffee-break style play.
Visit the blog at sverdheim.com!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
how do we level up? I am interested in what we gain if we do so.
Leveling up has not yet been implemented.
The plan is:
- Next I implement settlements with merchants to upgrade your gear.
- Then some settlements will have NPCs who will join your party (and all the mechanics that come with managing a party instead of one character).
- Once that’s working, I’ll have some settlements be the home of trainers who can train up specific skills of your character in exchange for gold and years of your life.
Characters will then be able to get old and retire, so you will only be able to skill them up so much. I’d like to have it so your characters can also be trainers of younger characters, allowing them to surpass their trainer’s limits. Thus with each generation your party gets better.
But we are a little way away from there. This plan sounds cool to me, but it is also a little unusual. We will see how reasonable it is as we get closer to implementation. Keep your eye on this game, and we will get there eventually!
Nice game, i'm very curious of did you do the prodedurally generated world in 2D tile sets...
Nice job, a little confusing at first but after looking at keybindings i had a great time playing. Keep up the good work